Deco planner software recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MultiDeco works well. I've been very happy with it. Ross may have some different views on deco theory, even sounding like he really needs to switch to decaf, but his software is easy to use and very adjustable and customizable to a lot of options and algorithms.

If you go that route, get MultiDeco, not V-Planner. MultiDeco has a bunch of algorithms, including VPM. V-Planner is just VPM.

MultiDeco works well. I've been very happy with it. Ross may have some different views on deco theory, even sounding like he really needs to switch to decaf, but his software is easy to use and very adjustable and customizable to a lot of options and algorithms.

If you go that route, get MultiDeco, not V-Planner. MultiDeco has a bunch of algorithms, including VPM. V-Planner is just VPM.
Is it easy to get the plan printed out from there?
Thanks for the MultiDeco - VPlanner difference, that’s very helpful, I’ve never had/used VPM

Is it easy to get the plan printed out from there?
Thanks for the MultiDeco - VPlanner difference, that’s very helpful, I’ve never had/used VPM
I think so. I mostly use the Android version, just copy to clipboard and print from whatever app.

I actually have ideco pro. Not sure if that matters.

DecoPlanner will generate proper tables. Like 160ft with times from say 20mins up to 60mins in 10min intervals. Super handy to have on hand for dive planning.

AJ, do you know if DecoPlanner supports rebreathers? I was planning on generating my own tables for a number of my dives but having to manually create plans for every 10 min is a PITA.

I think so. I mostly use the Android version, just copy to clipboard and print from whatever app.

Yes I do the same. Originally had V Planner but switched to Multi Deco when I got my Perdix. Dead easy to use and interpret. Use mine on a cheapy small android tablet and can't see any drop in functionality compared to mates iPad.

Been using Multi Deco over the years... As said, very easy, choice of algorithm, OC/CC... I'd add this in its favor, not dive related but service related : whenever your iPhone (or Android tablet, or laptop...) crashes, breaks, gets stolen or whatever, you can have a new registration key within seconds through the website. You don't have to pay again.

Ideco works pretty good. But I’m unaware of a way to use it to generate tables.

IDeco pro has the ability to email the tables that you cut.

AJ, do you know if DecoPlanner supports rebreathers? I was planning on generating my own tables for a number of my dives but having to manually create plans for every 10 min is a PITA.
Like a constant ppo2 thing? Nah. Maybe there will be an update in the future?

This is the right answer. Makes no sense to buy V-planner.

Just ignore anything Ross says on SB. He doesn't come off very well, and it's enough to make you almost not want to buy his product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom