Deco software

Which Deco Software do you use?

• Deco-Planner (GUE)

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • V-Planner

Votes: 53 53.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler once bubbled...

Dude: Decoplanner is good as far as Buhlmann's basic tenants go and Eric did stellar work modifying that algorithm, but that work is dated. Sure the tables it kicks out are still valid but get a grip. Decompression diving is a moving target and it's moved on... Take a look around.

And who on earth told you that the big pushes in Wakulla were done using schedules from Decoplanner?? :wacko: Or are you referring to some other world record holders...

Doppler

Out of curiosity, how IS a dive like that planned?

Man, I have been all over that stuff! Maybe I'm really missing something but I can't for the life of me figure out how they are comming up with the length of the shallow stops. I have followed GI's instructions and not been able to duplicate the profiles he gives as examples. Any ideas?

Abyss has, in its Commercial issue, the ability to do extreme depths, PPO2, standard and custom gas mixes, and allows one to choose straight Buhlmann, or use Dr. Bruce Wienke's "wrap-around" RGBM model.

Contact Chris Parrett at <www.abysmal.com> for further information. :)

You can't really use it for subsequent dives, and you don't see any N2 tissue-lading graphs neither. I'm not sure it is wise to go deco using RGBM/Abyss.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Man, I have been all over that stuff! Maybe I'm really missing something but I can't for the life of me figure out how they are comming up with the length of the shallow stops. I have followed GI's instructions and not been able to duplicate the profiles he gives as examples. Any ideas?

If they do it like they did on the Britannic trip, they work out The number of Oxygen cycles (12 on 6 off) they have to do as a factor of bottom time and work backwards from there. I saw a presentation that Andrew Georgitsis and Panos Alexakos did about it earlier this year.

George wasn't on the trip but JJ and a load of WKPP members were so I don't imagine they do it too differently in a cave.

Chris

What do you think about the new GAP RGBM?
Is it worth the money?

I use the old (1.2) GAP, and v-planner!

Best regards,

New V-Planner v3.20 is now available. Download from

http://www.hhssoftware.com/v-planner/

Release Notes
NEW features

* Now make an Extended Stop at any mix switch depth.
* Airbreaks for "Clean Up" stops. (break prior to next switch)
* SCR / OC legs for use in CCR plans (bail outs)
* SCR O2 loop drop (FiO2) for SCR planning, and CCR on bail out.
* Multilevel planning for Lost Deco.
* CCR plans now do More & Less planning
* Select the leg for use in ± plans.
* Improved help files
* Improved dive log details

--
Ross Hemingway

calado once bubbled...
What do you think about the new GAP RGBM?
Is it worth the money?

I use the old (1.2) GAP, and v-planner!

Best regards,

I think so, but I'm biased. I've made it

Kees

V-Planner is my favorite so far. In CCR mode, it is basically one check box to print your bail-out tables. Very intuitive interface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom