Deco software

Which Deco Software do you use?

• Deco-Planner (GUE)

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • V-Planner

Votes: 53 53.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by erwin.kodiat
Of all the sofware you guys talking about, can I use it for recreational diving? Although it seems too simple for such software, but I want to know how to determine the decompression stop time.

If you do not know how to determine your deco stop times then I would seek out technical training. There should be no reason that you need to determine deco stops for recreational diving, if diving within the recreational limits you shouldn't incur any deco obligations without pushing the tables or computer to their limits.
Ascend from every dive slooowly and a 5 minute safety stop at 15 ft (this is not a mandatory deco stop this is done for an extra margin of safety if there is a need to cut this short or skip it such as running out of air then do so becase you stayed well within the tables during your dive.) There is more to decompression diving than running tables on a computer there are equipment concerns as well as contingincy planning for potential problems all stuff you will learn with proper training.

Yes, you make me realized that actually my current certification level not allow me to dive beyond no decompression limit a.k.a decompression diving. I will find out more about the possibility to pursue certification level in technical diving in my area.
Thanks

I agree. I don't particularly like GAP either. I like V-Planner.

Mike

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
I agree. I don't particularly like GAP either. I like V-Planner.

Mike

Good to "see" you! We were getting concerned about you!

New version of v-planner out in the last couple days, 2.0. adds air breaks, lost deco gas options (in a very nice way too). Shareware now though, $20.

Tom

Thanks. I'm still kickin'. I probably won't be posting nearly as much as I was due to summer's arrival (or so they say :cold: ).

You only have to pay the $20 if you don't have a previous copy, I guess. I just downloaded the latest 2.0. Ross is doing a great job with that program.

Mike

Any thoughts on Abyss??

Also, can you get these packages for PDA - Compaq Ipaq??

newwavedivers once bubbled...
Aside from GAP not being user friendly, which is true, what differences, or even advantages might it have compared with V-Planner 2.0? Oh, exclude price... :)

I really can't answer it. I hated the interface so much I never really took the time to do anything with it.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom