Deco-stop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Restart

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, i am interested to know how you guys, technical divers caculate how many deco-stops, at what depth and how long the duration to deco?

Is there a standard rules to follow? For examples, at certain depth for certain time-limit, you must deco-stop for how many times......... :06:

Thanks in advance.

Technical training manuals (and some other sources) have tables with deco for different mixes. Many prefer to use dive profile software like V-Planner instead.

The necessary calculations are all part of the tech diving training, just as the no-stop tables were a part of your open water training.
There's nothing magic or mysterious about it... just the continuation, extrapolation and enhancement of principles you've already learned, and the use of new tools in the form of fancier tables or computer programs to plan your dives.
Rick

Hi, thanks a lot. Now i understood that all these are based on another sets of tables/planners.. :wink:

Thanks once again.

kityip:
Hi, thanks a lot. Now i understood that all these are based on another sets of tables/planners.. :wink:

Thanks once again.

Actually, in many cases its the same set of tables/model that recreational divers use. Its just a superset of them. Think of it as the complete table. Ultimately, they are all derivied from a mathematical model. (there are several models to choose from though)Mind you, to make use of the full deco tables requires far more training that you get in your average OW class.

No standard rules. Just go deep, stay long, hope for the best.

Only joking of course, but one of my favorite phrases.

Just as important as knowing what the stops are is knowing why and how they were calculated, and what to do if you overstay your planned bottom time or miss a stop on the way up. Much of the tech training is about what to do when things go wrong, just as it was for OW instruction. It is just as imortant in the tech area, so please get the training if you are going to do the dives.

theskull

nova:
if it hurts , ya did it wrong.
and here I thought we used a ouija board. Your doing it wrong again Nova buddy

As it was said it's a part of technical training. But there are some basic rules - depending on the dive you either take minimum deco and deep stops or ratio deco. Then when using the computer deco planners you have to be able to choose a proper gradient and modify deco planners (i.e. they don't take into consideration the oxygen window). And you have to remember that still the perfect deco planner doesn't exist because it's only a statistical data and things very much depend on your own body.
So there is quite a bit of learning before you start calculationg deco stops. Anyway - one thing is the same for every level of diving - plan your dive and dive your plan.
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom