Decompression Diver Course December 14-18, 2012 with Doppler and HowardE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Join Steve Lewis (Doppler) and myself and become certified as a Decompression Diver. The course is scheduled for December 14 – 18, 2012 in Pompano Beach, Florida, and is limited to 4 divers.

Decompression Diver is a combination course of TDI’s Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures.
This course is the first truly technical program in the line-up of TDI courses. Graduates should be proficient divers capable of planning and executing simple staged decompression dives using nitrox and oxygen to accelerate decompression obligation.
In order to graduate, candidates should be confident, divers who understand the basic principles and practices of staged decompression diving, and who are able to demonstrate proficiency and comfort while diving in a wide range of conditions – such as current and variable visibility. Graduates should also have a firm, realistic grasp of their personal limits – body and mind -- and the breadth of their comfort zone.

Candidate Prerequisites

TDI's minimum standards for Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures include certification in nitrox and advanced adventure or advanced diver development, minimum of 18 years old, with at least 25 logged dives.

Course Modules (Classroom)

Introductions, paperwork and course review
Textbook Review and Handout of Supplementary Materials (CD etc.)
Accident Analysis
The Six Basic Skills™ (Breathing, Awareness, Emotion, Buoyancy, Trim, Movement, Awareness)
Dive Planning
Gas Management
Equipment Selection
Equipment Failures and Failure Management
Dive Schedules (decompression planning)
Decompression Contingency Planning
DCS and EMS
Procedures before, during and after diving
General Review
Preparing for Open water sessions

Course Modules (Fieldwork)

Working with bags, reels, line and knots
Gas mixing (Ideal vs Practical) and tank preparation
Equipment selection and “editing”
Swimming techniques
Drills and muscle memory
Video Review and discussion

Course Cost

The cost for this course is $895. Cost includes instruction, textbook CD and registration fees. C-Cards are free as they are earned; not bought. Upon successful completion of the course, a C-Card will be awarded to the participants. Gasses, charter fees, and equipment rentals are not included. Fifty percent deposit is required to book course date and balance must be paid in full at beginning of classroom session.
Please contact me via PM for more details, or to reserve a spot.

Yeah, like in the late spring/early summer? Giboa or even Dutch would work. Howard, you'll like the 40 degree water temps.
Dennis if they do want to buddy up with me?

Yeah, like in the late spring/early summer? Giboa or even Dutch would work. Howard, you'll like the 40 degree water temps.
Dennis if they do want to buddy up with me?

John Chatterton and I did Advanced Wreck diver classes in Milwaukee and New Jersey this year already... It was a balmy 55 degrees in New Jersey, but Milwaukee was only 45 degrees below 100 feet. :frosty:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom