Decompression on TUSA 700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Advokat

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, I was diving with my Tusa iq 700 today and exceeded NDL. It showed deco stop at 3m and something like 6...19. I went up by about a meter from the depth where it showed deco and computer screen went back to normal dive moad and showed me a new NDL.Is this normal or I have not completed my deco stop?Never been into deco, so dont know what to look for on a computer...

Many times you will see a computer push into deco at depth, but as you slowly make your way up to the deco stop depth, you will see that the slow ascent with decreasing pressure has off gassed enough nitrogen that a stop is no longer necessary. I personally make it a policy to extend my safety stop to 6 mintues min instead of 3 anytime I push into a deco mode at depth.

MurkyRockDiver:
Download the manual and read it, I have the Apek Quantum and its similar and deco is explained in the manual.

Thats what it says in the manual

This is used for dives that last longer than the NDL’s. The DECO icon warning will continue until the advised depths are reached. If you ignore the DECO warning and go straight to the surface for longer than 10 minutes the display will freeze and all calculations will stop. The IQ-700 will switch automatically to TIME mode after 48 hours have elapsed. This information is recorded in the dive log. The IQ-700 can only switch to log, profile, or PC transfer mode while the calculations have stopped.

Thanks Scubatoys!

Advokat:
Hey, I was diving with my Tusa iq 700 today and exceeded NDL. It showed deco stop at 3m and something like 6...19. I went up by about a meter from the depth where it showed deco and computer screen went back to normal dive moad and showed me a new NDL.Is this normal or I have not completed my deco stop?Never been into deco, so dont know what to look for on a computer...

I have this computer but what you are saying doesn't totally make sense (to me). Yes, if you just have a little deco to do as you ascend you may get credit for ascending and the deco obligation may go way. If it says 6 19 then that means that you have a total obligation of 19 minutes with 6 minutes at 20 ft and the rest (13 minutes) at 10 feet. If that's the case moving up by a few feet shouldn't make the entire deco obligation go away.

Doesn't sound like this was a planned decompression dive. If this is the case, the computer issue is secondary. If you're getting into deco diving, understand your computer inside & out and you should have a slate with the plan & deco obligations written on it as a backup.

Dirkadiver:
Doesn't sound like this was a planned decompression dive. If this is the case, the computer issue is secondary. If you're getting into deco diving, understand your computer inside & out and you should have a slate with the plan & deco obligations written on it as a backup.

Wasnt a planned deco...Tusa is so conservative, when my computer went into deco, my buddys tec 2g still had 3minutes NDL and my buddy went down a little earlier and was swimming next to me all the time.

Dirkadiver:
OP never said this was a planned Deco dive. They also never asked for opinions on getting into Deco diving. :lotsalove:

the gooch:
OP never said this was a planned Deco dive. They also never asked for opinions on getting into Deco diving. :lotsalove:

Totally agreed.

Is it possible that 6-19 meant a 6 minute deco obligation, 19 minutes total time to safely surface?

gcbryan:
I have this computer but what you are saying doesn't totally make sense (to me). Yes, if you just have a little deco to do as you ascend you may get credit for ascending and the deco obligation may go way. If it says 6 19 then that means that you have a total obligation of 19 minutes with 6 minutes at 20 ft and the rest (13 minutes) at 10 feet. If that's the case moving up by a few feet shouldn't make the entire deco obligation go away.
I agree, it sounds like something is definitely wrong there. 19 minutes deco to no deco needed makes no sense, one or the other has to be wrong.

To the OP, do you have download capability? If so, can you post the profile (depths and runtime)? I think its worth looking at what the computer was telling you vs. what one or two of the decompression software programs would show.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom