Decompression Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaK-Dawg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase decompression software and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I've heard good things about Voyager, has anyone used this or other software and what are you're thoughts? I'm mainly interested in using it to cut customized backup tables to have during my dives in case of dive computer failure.

Yeah, I would second V-planner...

The recent (Issue 15 2003) Advanced Diver magazine has a great study of the following:

Z planner
Decoplanner
new Decoplanner in beta
V planner
GAP
Proplanner
Decoweenie
Dplan

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
Yeah, I would second V-planner...

I think it has a 30 day demo if you want to play with it.

Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...
The recent (Issue 15 2003) Advanced Diver magazine has a great study of the following:

Z planner
Decoplanner
new Decoplanner in beta
V planner
GAP
Proplanner
Decoweenie
Dplan

This was a recent issue? I thought Z planner was tabled long time ago. Decoweenie, Dplan and Decoplanner are old stuff. Heck, GUE doesn't even use Decoplanner according to what I'm hearing.
GAP is good buy funky and too much hassle setting up the templates. Maybe the RGBM would be good, but not for $200.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...

Heck, GUE doesn't even use Decoplanner according to what I'm hearing.

I thought they were working on a new version?

cornfed once bubbled...

I thought they were working on a new version?

I guess because nobody's using the one they have :D

I think you're right. I'm not a gooey though...

Scuba-KDawg -

I have GAP, V-Planner, Voyager, Abyss, and Departure installed. Of them I dive V-Planner.

It's a great package, only a few bugs, and basically free (though registering it is a good thing).

Each of the above packages are good, but V-Planner is the one I trust at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom