Deep 6 regs and Drysuit review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mgetchis

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recently purchased a set of regs and custom cut drysuit from Deep 6. I wanted to write a review about my experience with the company and their gear.

I bought a set of their regs for sidemount, I'm almost done with my full trimix cert. I'd been diving a set of HOG D1 before. I purchased separate first/second sets as I did not need the everything that came in the sidemount kit. They came in the really awesome hard plastic case, I tend to break everything I own so this was a plus! I'm glad to see they put the hard cases up as a separate item on their store, I need them for my other reg sets.

I've since dove them in lake Tahoe, about a dozen dives down to 140' in 45 degree F water. I will get to the drysuit shortly lol. The regs work perfectly. Had no issues, they breathe well, adjustments were nice. I didn't have any deco buddies in Tahoe, I will give the update when I go deeper with them. I don't expect any issues. The first stage o-ring did pop out, but they have come up with a solution for that. Even without the fix it wasn't a huge deal, just had to be slightly more careful when breaking them down.

I'm 6'8", 240lbs so buying off the shelf anything is impossible, much less niche sports gear. When I saw their price for a custom cut drysuit I had to order one. It took a little while to get sent, but I think I was one of the first customers. It came in it's own duffel bag including a beanie, hood, talc powder, zipper lube, and inflator hose. Really nice little kit.

The suit was my first so I can't really compare it to anything else. I dove with it in similar conditions to above, even got a blizzard dive in. (Mt. Rose got 2.5' of snow that day). The suit was great, no leaks, it fit well. I used a coffee can as a guide to cut down the neck gasket, fits perfectly. I need to order proper undergarments, 3 layers of expedition weight long underwear left me a little cold after a 1.5 hour dive. Nothing to do with the suit though. I plan to take it to Iceland next summer, might add some dry gloves to it. They also had boots that fit me, I wear a 14-15, so if you are larger this is a great option.

Overall I couldn't ask for a better deal. They seem like great people and the gear is top notch. Oh yeah the tshirt fit too! If you are headed to Tahoe and need something to do while diving, the crayfish are delicious and everywhere. Just wear gloves, bring a light and grab em'!

Forgot to mention the regs came with parts kits for service! Never had those come with a Reg set before!

Last edited:
Welcome to the Deep Six dive team! Glad you like your gear and thanks for the review!

We're building this brand by word-of-mouth so we really appreciate you sharing this review of the Deep Six regulators and drysuit and look forward to getting the divers you refer to us outfitted in their new D6 gear as well. Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom