Deep 6 wetsuits sold out now what to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The good thing about 3mm is that you are not looking for extreme thermal protection. A little chill/abrasion/sun protection. So you don't need a high end suit with all the fancy features.

I really like suits in the high stretch neoprene. They really help with the fit.

I do have one question, the Deep6 suit had pockets. Honestly that was a huge factor for me. But is that a factor for you? If not, lots of options. If you want pockets, I am not sure what there is (besides the glue on ones). I took the 3mm Deep6 suit from the U352 to Truk. It was an OK suit. But not perfect.

Just remember to turn up the AC and bring lots of water when trying on wetsuits. I always forget what's it like and end up hogtied on the floor of the dressing room with a wetsuit down at my ankles and druel coming out of my mouth.

If you want to save a few bucks, I have a mint SubGear size M that I I'd let you have for just 24... :D

And if you were really serious about that budget figure, then I would imagine that the recommendations would overwhelmingly lean towards "go custom." Argument over the best custom builder could ensue from there.

I don't think Zef meant to be unduly provocative. I think that you will get pertinent feedback if you lay out some parameters ...

What is your body like? ex. I'm 5'10", 190ish, long torsoed, longish armed, pretty much a M on the lower half and a L-XL through the shoulders. PITA to get a perfect one-piece anything.
What types of dives do you do?
Do you prefer a super-stretchy neoprene or something firmer?
Is ease of doffing/donning super-important. Ankle/Wrist zips for ex. (I chose a Waterproof for that among other reasons)
Front zip or back?
Do you need pockets? Willing to add them yourself if needed?
I am built like you. I am a large on top..longer armed longer torso and shorter skinnier legs. 30" inseam and 33" waist. I want front zipper and something very flexible for warm water diving don't need pockets ease of donning/doffing would be great

The good thing about 3mm is that you are not looking for extreme thermal protection. A little chill/abrasion/sun protection. So you don't need a high end suit with all the fancy features.

I really like suits in the high stretch neoprene. They really help with the fit.

I do have one question, the Deep6 suit had pockets. Honestly that was a huge factor for me. But is that a factor for you? If not, lots of options. If you want pockets, I am not sure what there is (besides the glue on ones). I took the 3mm Deep6 suit from the U352 to Truk. It was an OK suit. But not perfect.
Do you know the boat captain Michael Gerken? He does Truk and U352

I use to have a Henderson 7mm ML that fit me well for cold water before I went with custom crushed DUI

I am built like you. I am a large on top..longer armed longer torso and shorter skinnier legs. 30" inseam and 33" waist. I want front zipper and something very flexible for warm water diving don't need pockets ease of donning/doffing would be great

Do some research on the front zipper. I’ve read multiples places they are harder to get in and out of compared with back zip.

Looking for a 3mm wet suit. Turns out Deep 6 is sold out of medium....what brand wet suit to look for now?
For me it's Henderson all the way, USCG approved for 20+ years...<TG>
i have a 5mm Vest, 3mm full, and 7mm semi-dry, all for henderson

I have Seac kamodo. Very comfortable, warm, nice looking wetsuite.

If you are willing to put in the "extra effort" of spraying the inside of a suit before putting it on, a open cell freediving/spearfishing suit will be the warmest and most comfortable option. "Extra effort" because it is actually easier to get on than a standard suit once it is lubed up. Putting them on in cold weather sucks though :).

Mako beat me to recommending their own suits, which are great, and made of yamamoto rubber, which is top notch. There are other brands, but they are more expensive. I've had 4 different freediving suits over the years, Mako is as good or better than the rest, for about half the cost. Search for spearfishing suits for other options.

Back
Top Bottom