Deep, Deeper, Freakin' Deep!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepSeaDan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just in case your interested in JUST HOW FAR DOWN YOU CAN GO...

Comex Divers did:

* In 1977 - 501m in the Meditteranean Sea breathing Heliox

* In 1988 - 530m, again in the Med., breathing Hydro-Heliox ( 49/50/1 ) - 8 days to reach depth, 18 days deco.

* In 1992 - a dive in a test saturation complex called "Hydra 10" took them to 675m after 18 days of compression, again breathing hydro-heliox. One of these lads transfered into a smaller chamber & was further compressed to 701m. Deco. took several weeks.

No one experienced any significant problems at these depths.

Book early to avoid disappointment!

Best,
DSD

Just in case your interested in JUST HOW FAR DOWN YOU CAN GO...

Comex Divers did:

* In 1977 - 501m in the Meditteranean Sea breathing Heliox

* In 1988 - 530m, again in the Med., breathing Hydro-Heliox ( 49/50/1 ) - 8 days to reach depth, 18 days deco.

* In 1992 - a dive in a test saturation complex called "Hydra 10" took them to 675m after 18 days of compression, again breathing hydro-heliox. One of these lads transfered into a smaller chamber & was further compressed to 701m. Deco. took several weeks.

No one experienced any significant problems at these depths.

Book early to avoid disappointment!

Best,
DSD

Crap! I already sold my double lp121's.

Crap! I already sold my double lp121's.

...Wally-Mart has some nifty 800m. snorkels for sale. :wink:

Strong lungs a definite asset. :D

What do you do with all that time getting to that depth? What can you eat, besides shrimp?:D
Those are some insane depths!!

Woof! 701 meters?!? That's 2,300 feet!

One question: Why?

And...there may not have been a significant problem at that depth, but I wonder about the cumulative effects of saturation diving that deep for decades. Hmmmm....

Ian

METERS? Holy crap!

btw...did we ever figure out what depth you could suck an 80 down in one breath? I think there was a thread last year about it....

One question: Why?

Your answer lies in the more appropriate question: "why not?" :D

I bet those dives would make great stories. How do you prepare. What science goes in to the gas mixture. But even more interesting: what about sleeping and eating! How do you do that?

METERS? Holy crap!

btw...did we ever figure out what depth you could suck an 80 down in one breath? I think there was a thread last year about it....

I'd never considered that question until I read your post, but now I'm curious too.

METERS? Holy crap!

I calculated that I would have almost 3 minutes at 701m.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom