Deep6 excursion set?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wicket

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I’ve searched long and hard and see no info/reviews on the D6 excursion? I’ve been diving for about 10 years on a Aeris 600 ion and it’s time to replace. I have absolutely no interest in cold water diving say below 65 degrees. Should I still spend the extra cash on signature setup? Maybe I should look at another brand altogether? Living SWFL and my local dive shop said they will service D6 for me.
Edit: my chances of ever doing tech is very very slim.

...I’ve been diving for about 10 years on a Aeris 600 ion and it’s time to replace...

Is there something wrong with your Aeris 600 ion? Is there some reason, other than age, that is driving you to replace it?

-Z

Is there something wrong with your Aeris 600 ion? Is there some reason, other than age, that is driving you to replace it?

-Z
Parts are few and far between from what all the local shops tell me. I need a service and the exhaust on my 2nd is cracked.

Reactions: Zef
The Deep6 Excursion is a reliable, proven design. To me, the single standout feature of the set is the thickness of the molding of the second stage. The reg case will take a lot of abuse that lighter cases simply cannot tolerate.
The Signature series has a turret on the first stage and a second stage poppet design that is near-unique, giving great air flow down the barrel and positive engagement with the lever feet. It has nice coatings and comes with a service kit every two years. That alone makes it worth the extra cost over time.
But the Excursion is a tremendous bargain and solid quality.

I bought Deep6, on tbone’s recommendation and haven’t been happier.
The signature 1st stage reg is almost indestructible, the 2nd stage is equally robust.
W.O.B. Is effortless, have been in 2 degree C water for a full dive and no problems.
Bought some more regs for a stage bottle but have since used them on a set of doubles now, all working perfectly. Haven’t serviced them yet, but, the excellent instructions on the their site should make that a snap.

Haven’t serviced them yet, but, the excellent instructions on the their site should make that a snap.
Honestly, I'd recommend taking the class from one of the instructors. @abnfrog is up north of you and is a trainer. He could also possibly bundle in some other things and make for a busy little weekend well worth the travel. I've taken a few classes from him and found him to be a great guy.

thx for the vote of confidence , i try to run a fun comprehensive course !

I like mine. Problem free. Easy to breath.
@LandonL has been amazing and patient with me for my first service while on vacation in Ft Lauderdale.
Highly recommend the reg set even if you do not service them yourself.

So I’ve searched long and hard and see no info/reviews on the D6 excursion? I’ve been diving for about 10 years on a Aeris 600 ion and it’s time to replace. I have absolutely no interest in cold water diving say below 65 degrees. Should I still spend the extra cash on signature setup? Maybe I should look at another brand altogether? Living SWFL and my local dive shop said they will service D6 for me.
Edit: my chances of ever doing tech is very very slim.

I have both Excursion and Signatures 1st stages. I like the signatures for hose routing better. To me they both breathe the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom