DeepBlue Cosmiq

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jody Freitas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone else use a Cosmiq and notice a discrepancy in temperature between you and your buddies computers? Seems my Cosmiq reads 3-4 degrees lower. Can it be calibrated?

My Cosmiq always reads 3-4 degrees F lower than my Shearwater, but about the same as my buddy's (an AquaLung, I think). Which one is right? I have no idea, maybe none of them. I don't think either one can be calibrated. But keep in mind that some computers will report the lowest temp seen, others the average, so that can contribute apparent under-reporting vs your buddy's as well. If my memory serves, the Cosmiq reports the lowest, but it's been awhile since I read the manual.

If you really, really wanna know, I'd say get yourself a waterproof digital food thermometer, calibrate that, and then compare to your computer. If you cook at home, you'll really want to have a digital thermometer anyway, and they're only like $15. Keep in mind that food thermometers shouldn't be taken to depth, since they aren't made to handle pressure.

I guess its relative, but your explanation makes sense. I'm trying to gauge my tolerance for the temperature with my 7mm wet suit. Yesterday my Cosmiq read 54 and my buddies shearwater were reading 58. I was comfortable and believe I can definitely tolerate even cooler temps. Of course topside may be a different story.

Back
Top Bottom