Deepoutdoors Cold Fusion - Flooded Head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undrwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last night I inherited a Deepoutdoors LED Cold Fusion can light. The head had been flooded, and the PCB shows corrosion. I haven't tested the battery pack yet, but I don't have a charger either.

It appears Deepoutdoors is out of business, or maybe on haitus? The LED module itself is stamped with NiteRider Dive, and while Nite Rider is still in business, the dive light operation is not.

Does anyone have any details on this light that may help me resuscitate it? What I'm hoping for is a nice solder-in replacement, but if I need to build a new set, I'm willing to try.

I don't have any information for you, but I can confirm that Deep Outdoors went out of business.

Thanks! Do you think this thread may get better viewing in the "Repairing your own gear" in the DIY section?

Does anyone have any details on this light that may help me resuscitate it? What I'm hoping for is a nice solder-in replacement, but if I need to build a new set, I'm willing to try.

Post pics so we can see the damage. It may need a good cleaning and LEDs replaced. Other wise, what could be wrong?

I'm going to post pics at CPF where luca brassi directed me. I'll post here as well. The LED module is currently in the hands of a friend of mine who is taking a look to see if there is anything she can build to replace it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom