Default Volunteer Request (Can be done from home) - NSS-CDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ucfdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I would like to ask for volunteers for a project I'm working on with the NSS-CDS. I'm currently looking for individuals who would be willing to take .pdf or .jpg files of old magazines and type them up so that they're in a text format and can be made available online. If you're comfortable with photo editing software and can crop the images out that would be even better. Most of these have been converted with OCR software, and will simply need proof reading and editing.

The plan is to send each volunteer one pdf/jpg at a time, and when we receive the text we'll send another if they have time available, or no hard feelings if you don't. You can volunteer as little as 30 minutes of your time.

I have the pdfs ready for whoever is willing to help. We are a non profit organization, so if you know of a kid who needs service hours for a scholarship and doesn't want to leave the house...or if your employer provides incentives to volunteer, this is a great idea for you! :D

Sure thing, I'd be happy to help. Nothing like a little volunteer work to help someone out.

How long is each pdf approximately? what text format are you using?

How long is each pdf approximately? what text format are you using?

3-7 pages, just needs to be plain text, we'll be converting what's sent back to us to html

Almost done, Been a little busy with school work this summer but I'll get it too you early this week. :D

I'll help out. PM sent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom