Deleting Dives from DataMask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txmanager

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've searched the manual and can't seem to find anything that tells me about deleting previous dives already logged. When I go to download my new dives, my old ones are listed but are locked out and not accessible. Is this data remaining in the computer taking up space? Is there a trick to deleting old dives or is it done automatically?

It looks like the mask retains the 24 most recent dives. When there are no dives for 24 hours, then the next dive becomes #1 and the oldest dive is deleted. There doesn't appear to be a way to delete a dive explicitly from the mask. As far as accessing the log from Oceonlog, what do you mean?

Amanda

It looks like the mask retains the 24 most recent dives. When there are no dives for 24 hours, then the next dive becomes #1 and the oldest dive is deleted. There doesn't appear to be a way to delete a dive explicitly from the mask. As far as accessing the log from Oceonlog, what do you mean?

Amanda

That would make sense. I don't need to delete just one dive. Just wondering when the previous dives are deleted from memory. I was worried I might eat up the memory in the computer but if it delete's automatically, then I have nothing to worry about. When I connect to the mask, it shows my previous dives but I can only download the newest dives not in Oceanlog. Luckily it's not repeatedly downloading old dives.

The dives will be overwritten as you go along. You can't delete dives on your own. The number of dives that are in memory is dependent on dive length and sampling rate. If you set your sampling rate to 15 seconds or longer, the mask will store 25+ dives. If you set it to 2 secs, it will store 6-8.

Oceanlog will only download from the dives stored in memory, and previously downloaded dives are normally flagged so they don't get downloaded again.

Previously downloaded dives can be downloaded again if they are deleted in the Oceanlog software. Occasionally I get some odd readings when downloading dives from my VT Pro. The data in the computer (VT Pro) is correct, but the flaky VT Pro download cable seems to cause some bad bits of data (on my laptop). I delete and re-download these dives when necessary. I don't have the same issues with the VT3 or Atom 2.0 computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom