Delta IV FDX-10 First Stage Very wet Breathing - Close call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gpulsar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to share a problem I encountered yesterday on my First stage. I just recently did my yearly maintenance and have dove about 8 times after this maintenance with no problems. Yesterday I did 2 dives and the first one went just as normal. I set-up for my second dive and as I am descending I feel a very wet breathing with almost no air. I get out and verify all the connections and purge air and try again with the same result. Please advise what could have caused this and if there are any protocols I can do to detect this. I sure feel uneasy as if this happened deeper it could have been another story. I still did my dive with a back-up from a friend. I always keep my regulator clean and perform maintenance.

with your reg disconnected from the tank - with the dust cap in place - take a breath on your second stage - if you get air, your problem is in the second. Exhaust valve - diaphragm - mouthpiece - check all for tears and/or that they are positioned properly. PM or call us if not - we're not likely to diagnose your problem online.

Doug I took it to be serviced and they unscrewed the front cover to revise the Diaphragm and everything looked in order and clean. Diaphragm was not damaged and looked new. He said that it seems it got stuck. When he put it back together It worked...I noticed that if I inhale very hard I get a slight trickle of air in, probably not noticeable when air is on since you don't have resistance. Is this normal? since my back-iup air2 shuts off completely and does not let air in no matter how hard I inhale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom