DEMA 2010 Price increase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a member.

Here is the link to the show

PACKAGES & PRICING

No I do not know how much if any that it makes.

But $50.00 for the seminar package and admission to the show wouldn't affect my decision to go or not.

We are considering a booth this year. It cost $1,755 for a 10 X 10 Foot area. Plus misc charges. Not a very high price for this show.

Been there, done that, nothing changed! No one listened.

If you are a member, you can go to the member’s area, and with your password, get to the area that has board meeting minutes, and financials. Let me know what you find out, I am interested.

Doris, Thanks, but I just do not have the interest or energy to do that.

After years of working as a Realtor and as a Volunteer firefighter and 4-H leader, I have done my time on committees and such.

Producing our TV show will have enough of it's own issues without starting one with DEMA or any other group. This is a full time retirement job for me. No more politics, No more dealing with folks with agenda's. Just doing my own thing and taking it easy where I can.

So Sorry, But I just won't walk that dog. I hope you can appreciate my position and will not look to harshly upon me for my indiscretion.

It only cost $150 to join. You can download the info to your hearts content after that.

I hear you about not getting anywhere. Years of committees and meetings and contributing to the communities. It sucked!

I do have some good memories from it all. But very few. I enjoy seeing some of the kids I've helped in the past. They seem to appreciate what we did for them. Some have worked real hard at getting us back in to stuff. So I guess that's rewarding. But we are done! Very Done!

this sounds interesting. is this a good thing for beginners too?

? What is interesting?

Joining DEMA? This is the Dive Equipment Manufacturers Association. You should join if you do something professionally in the industry. (Own a dive shop, Be an instructor, Make dive gear, or like us are media.)

hey RunningDoc
Depening on where you live there are local shows that you can go to, and learn more about diving, equpment and travel. There are many local shows, so check with your local dive shop and what they can tell you.
good luck and get into diving. You'll love it for the rest of your life :)

I agree, I think its high, its still a small proportunate cost for an international visitor like me where 4 days at Dema kicks in at a minimum of around $6000.00 (usually a tad more) if you include flights, USA Visa's, Hotel Accom. etc, etc, and thats not taking into account time away from the office which is usually 8 days due to long haul flights and domestic travel - but on its own its expensive.

So, naturally I look to cut where possible. I have attended every show for the last 15 odd years but skipped last year for the first time - didnt notice I missed it.!

I may do it again this year, but, I dont really like Vegas as a destination and I am not sure there will be anything new worth spending that kinda cash to see.

Back
Top Bottom