DEMA - Pressed Steel new tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanted to order some and had my dealer call
PST last thursday. From what he told me they said "we've got
the steel and the molds" but they probably won't be out for
6 months. So, I ordered a set of the regular
LP104's and picked up some old ones today
( the nice pre 1980 ones ) at the ginnie exchange.

short answer... don't hold your breath.

Kell

I had a 2400psi tank overfilled to 3400 psi today (shortsighted dive shop guy saw the DIN valve and figured it was high pressure :)), so with fills like that.... he was able to squeeze 135cf into my 95cf tank... :boom:

I think i am going to try to get some weight figures for my tanks in the water myself. any one done this? i would think a fish scale( the kind you hold and hang a fish from) should do it, and then attach a line to the tank, submerge it and weigh it at the air fill levels you need, say full, before dive and after at 500psi, and maybe even at 100psi, just to make sure....any other ideas on how to go about this? in fact, this looks like a new tread topic....:D

All you really need to know is the dry weight and it's external volume.

The latter you could get by measuring how much water it displaces in a tank or barrel.

it's bouyancy would then be

DryWeight - (External volume * water density)

You could also fill the barrel and just weigh the displaced water to give you the (External volume * water density) term directly.

yep, you are right, but it would almost be faster and easier to just weigh it in salt water(lots of it around here in Seattle) and not have to set up the displacement tank and all that. thanks. :doctor:

.........supposedly, from what I read on this board a while back, they were supposed to be 'released' to the public end of Jan. 2003......but there's nothing about them on the PST manufacturer's web site (which reminds me, I don't think PST has changed/updated it's WWW site for YEARS.....but that's another rant).....and I did a Google-search and cannot find any one advertising/selling this new generation of tanks.

Karl

A freind ordered new tanks last week from our lds, The shop owner called PST.
The LP and HP tanks are no longer available from PST.
All Their scuba tanks are now the new "E series"

They told my wife they would be available this month.

I sent an e-mail to PST this morning asking about whether LP tanks will still be available. Here's the response. I was asking about LP 104's in particular.
Dealers can still purchase LP-104.

Best regards,

T.Ivey
Scuba Product Manager
E-mail: tivey@pressedsteel.com
Web:pstscuba.com

So when can we actually buy one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom