Den Laman/Bonaire Dive & Adventure Trip Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dukeh20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We just got back last night from a week's stay at Den Laman Condos. They are located just south of Sand Dollar (which is just South of Buddy Dive). It is a much smaller operation that Buddy Dive or Captain Don's, which also made it quite peaceful. They have a nice restaurant/bar on site and free rum punch on Monday night.

DEN LAMAN
We got a great package ($534 per person including a free nitrox upgrade and truck rental inclded). We had one of their two bedroom units that faced the water. Each bedroom had its own bathroom and to our surprise, daily maid service with fresh towels and sheets. The unit had a complete kitchen with brand new appliances including microwave, refrigerator with icemaker and dishwasher. The staff was pleasant and very willing to answer any questions/requests that we had.

BONAIRE DIVE AND ADVENTURE
The package we got from Den Laman included the dive package from Bonaire Dive and Adventure (BDA) which is the on site dive center located on the Den Laman property. The package included a free nitrox upgrade. Sand Dollar and Den Laman apparently share BDA, but since it is actually on Den Laman's property, it was extremely convenient. They actually have a separate fill staion on their dock for both air and nitrox which was also quite handy for the dives on the "house reef', Bari Reef. They offer three boat dives a day. We stuck to the shore diving. The divers that we saw after they came back from the boat dives seemd to be completely satisifed with their experience. We got in about 20 dives while we were there including three night dives on Bari Reef. This was my wife's first dive trip since she she got certified in July. I am not including a review of the diving as there are numerous reviews alreay posted here. The vis was great and the water temp was in the mid to upper 80's the entire time.

This was our second trip to Bonaire. We stayed at the Plaza last year and we were looking for an alternative to eating all our meals out. We found this to be great place to stay and would not hesitate to recommend them. I have some pictures of the room and the property. Please PM me and I would be happy to share them with you.

Duke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom