Dentist????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsmharley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am going to have a couple of teeth pulled in a few days, and was wondering how long if at all should I wait to dive again. Having 2 molars being pulled. Thanks for any and all input.

Ask our dentist.

good luck with that! I would imagine as long as your not on medication and in pain you should be fine...but I would ask to be sure.

Don't forget to gargle with the salt water every 10 meters.

I'll be joining you in pain town some time soon too, except I've got all four of my wisdom teeth, two of which need to be dug out from under a cm or two of gum...

I haven't asked the dentist, but I figure I'll just wait till I'm fully healed to do anything.

I had large amount of bleeding, for 2 weeks after having 4 wisdoms pulled. And I mean large (probably became anemic too).

Uggh don't tell me that fisher. I wasn't ever anxious about the dentist until I got most of the right side of my mouth filled and the pain killer wore off we were at it for so long. I just had two more fillings done and I couldn't stop my heart from pounding in my chest. No more soda!

I keep on coming back to this dentist, as I would wake up with large clots in my mouth. He keeps injecting the tooth root with lidocaine with epinephrine. I sucked on ice cubes and ice pack so much, but it still bled.

Knowing what I know now, the guy should have packed the socket with gelfoam or gauze and have me put positive pressure on it... It was a nightmarish ordeal, especially when I woke up from anesthetic in the middle of the procedure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom