Descended quickly to 35 feet. Can you briefly go to surface then resume planned dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After going to 35 feet after jumping off a boat, you can pretty much do an emergency ascent without a problem. You can bolt to the surface, just remember to exhale some. At that point you have no more nitrogen than any other free diver, just more air in your lungs at 35 feet (that you need to get rid off before surfacing). Thus, a quick ascent, scream at DM to throw a dive computer at you, don't let it hit your head. Descent right there and then.

At that point you are no different than if you dove off your boat to 35 feet without equipment and then came up for air.

The diving I do is 50-90 feet drift diving in west palm area with a dm dragging the flag. i would be on 34% or 36%

If this happened to me I would continue the dive and stick to my buddy. I would start ascent a couple 100 more psi than normal. My ndl is much longer than how long my air would last so no big deal.

Not the text book answer but what I would do if on descent i noticed no computer. If I noticed on surface would ask the boat crew to toss it to me.

I also don't have a problem if I had to get back on the boat for it and get dropped on the flag. Done that before no big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom