Design suggestion for BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lonetraveller

Registered
Reaction score
depends on the day...usually the caribbean...
# of dives
0 - 24
We were doing a surface swim on our backs today out in grand cayman, and it occured to me that attaching and inflatable pillow to the back neck of a BCD would really help add comfort when on the surface, as well as surface swimming on your back . I think being able to take the strain off your neck , when surface swimming, or even in an emergency situation would really benefit the wearer. I'm thinking of integrating one into my current BCD, and seeing how works out. I think it would need to inflate only when bcd is inflated a large amount to prevent it from inteferring incase of needing to access tank valves when at depth and adding air to bcd. what do you guys think of my idea? please dont steal it.

Why would you ever need to inflate a bcd all the way. I have owned 3 different bc's (2 are back inflate or bp/w type) and never fully inflate my bc except when removing it to get back in the boat. Surface swiming is best performed with a DPV in my opinion ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom