Designing a new equipment room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazing, thank you for all the tips. The problem with R4 is that it is targeted to divers.. period.. I have seen families bored out of their minds after the first hike to paynamo and snorkel with fishes. Hence I think it makes sense to have a nice camera room with proper lighting, equipment and tools that allow people to work on within their own rooms. If the market changes, we will just turn it into a walk in closet.

Any pictures of NAD in Lembeh?
Sorry no pictures of NAD.

Attachments

• 2020-05-05_14-30-10.gif
    2020-05-05_14-30-10.gif
    180.9 KB · Views: 155
Found it!
Excellent, there is also a large table in the centre of the room, and an equipment/tool room attached. As you can see lots of natural light and just outside the door are the rinse tanks and compressed air. What does not come across in the picture is the size of the room - it is very large - not the cramped afterthought most camera rooms are.

I was going to comment but this is exactly what I think I would have said with one exception. Compressed air at each workstation allows your neighbour to blow water from their camera housing to your camera lenses, batteries etc. Put the dunk tank with compressed air and a table outside the camera room for drying housings.

The very best camera room I have seen is at NAD in Lembeh. Copy that and you are good.
I agree with Darnold on the setup that NAD has. You can take a look at their website for photos.

2. Table with a lot of lights so that you can repair and fix your gears.
It's the individual workstation, pls avoid dark tables, a light color work plan is better for finding out where that o-ring jumped or where you put the small screwdriver.
[...] This should also be the well lit area.

I'll chime in to add another thought to this... Personally, I have found a Light blue colored surface to be the easiest to see small o-rings and screws. IMO, I prefer a lighter color than what NAD has in the picture from SeaWarden.

Be sure to keep us updated! I'm in Philippines, so you're only a hop away!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom