Destin Jetty Pictures 5-27-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Seas were forecast at 1-2 feet for Friday morning. Went with some buddies on the Miss Teak to dive a few Destin reefs. When we were heading for the pass we noticed Scuba Tech's boat was over at the bay cones.....Oh boy, that's not a good sign. Seas were running more in the 3-4 foot category with an occasional 5 footer. We bounced around for a while to see if the seas would settle down. Eventually we decided to just head back and splash at the jetties just to get wet. The tide was starting to head back out, but visibility was typical ranging from 20-25 feet. With the tide going out there was grass and particulate in the water, so I only got a few shots worth sharing. Still a fun day regardless of the conditions. Props to Captain Jeff for making two attempts to get us on a few dive sites. I recommend the Miss Teak if you are looking for a Destin charter.

FishCloseup-1.jpg

pufferfish-2.jpg

toadfishhiding.jpg

Morefishfeeding.jpg

Jettyfishcloseup.jpg

fishswarm.jpg

JettyFish-1.jpg

feedingwrasse.jpg

Thnx for the info

Loved your pics. The very first one was fantastic; I wonder what species it is. Could be a weird color variation of a black sea bass. I will be in Destin for 11 days starting next week and I expect to be snorkeling at the jetties many of those days.

I love the picture of the crab. I dove the jetties this morning and saw two crabs fighting for a spot under a rock. The fight started when a large crab eyed a smaller crab under a rock and decided he liked the location. The ensuing fight was great, and ultimately the little guy got evicted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom