Destin Mega Dive Report w/pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Kira, did you get any good pictures??

Suprbugman - I forgive ya. I thought you had become afraid of the sun after spending all that time in the caves.

So Kira, did you get any good pictures??

The ones you shined the light on turned out pretty good. (Gee thanks, now I'm going to think about getting a light for the camera or new camera with a light. :) )

I had a number of blurry pictures. I guess I'm not used to the current any more. I didn't get to them last night - taking care of things that I didn't do over the weekend.

I think I'll have time to work on them tonight.

In 5 years, everyone will be fishing like this:

82j7.jpg

Great pics Yoda (as always)

I just know the light helps the little cameras like ours to focus better. The camera slows the shutter speed down so much to compensate for the low light...when that happens ANY movement makes the picture blurry.

Look forward to seeing them.

The ones you shined the light on turned out pretty good. (Gee thanks, now I'm going to think about getting a light for the camera or new camera with a light. :) )

I had a number of blurry pictures. I guess I'm not used to the current any more. I didn't get to them last night - taking care of things that I didn't do over the weekend.

I think I'll have time to work on them tonight.

Yeah, turns out my video cam was partially zoomed in so it didnt come out quite right. Ill post what I can salvage.

Greetings Destin Diver!

I have been watching you all post about your dives in Destin for a couple years, and as it turns out I'm going to be in your backyard all next week!

Our family is renting out a home in Santa Rosa Beach and will be there from Aug 10th through the 18th.

I would LOVE to dive with you all if you can find a time in your schedules...I have alot of flexibility since I'll be on vacation so please let me know your thoughts.

Also, it would be my treat on the post-dive beers for a chance to dive down in the area!

I grew up in Niceville, but moved up to Washington DC when I was 16...can't wait to be back.

Best,
Nate

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the quick PM replines -- we are finally settled here in Santa Rosa and it's gorgeous! My father was stationed at Eglin AFB in the and we lived in Blue Water Bay, it's just amazing to see how much new building has been done down here (including the Bridge over the Bay).

I went for a run this morning East, towards Seaside and I was surprised at the number of "condemned" and storm ravaged houses are on the waterfront -- what Hurricane did that?!?

On the diving front if Saturday 8/16 works the best for you guys then we'd be all for it! What shop would you recommend we get our Nitrox fills at?

The water looks a little cloudy here with the seaweed today, is that normal for August...what will visibility most likely be at the Jetties?

Once my dad found out that I was going diving he expressed some interest so I talked to Zack at ScubaTech last night and he said that for $105 he'd take my father (whose cert card expired in 1975) and I out this Tuesday for a refresher course/dive, but they wouldn't give him a cert card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom