destin wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheeliejerm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I dove with ecs today in destin. Great team. Surface temp was 77 bottom temp was 75. My second dive was lacking in vis but a neat wreck,Ms louise tugboat. My first dive was actually better with about 25' vis. This was on another wreck but I don't know the name. It was a barge nearly straight out from the destin pass. Slightly east. I'm sure it wont take long for someone to tell me. Whatever it was the life was pretty abundant. More than Louise anyway.

There are several barges out there, the Air Force Barge isn't far from the pass though.

DestinAreaDiving.jpg

Probably the Air Force Barge:

N 30 21.250
W 086 29.580

Alternate:

N 30 21.295
W 086 29.607

It is in the vicinity of the Bridge Rubble. Just a little seaward. Depth should have been about 65 feet or so. Barge is about 100 feet with maybe 8 to 12 foot relief. The Google picture above is just that, a picture, do not use for navigation as it is approximate at best. I have many numbers, some published, some collected, some are mine, none are guaranteed, all I have been to.

N

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom