Destinations with Bubble Maker programme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

super7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I'm planning on a week long summer vacation -diving trip in late July (25th-31st).
Usually, I pick some location, my wife looks at accommodation options, and if she likes the hotels/villas, its a go.

This year, I need to find a destination where our 8year old can have her Bubble Maker course, preferably in Japanese . My wife wants good food and "decent accommodation" , while I would be very happy if NITROX is available.

Destination wise, I'm looking into places like Thai, Malaysia, Indonesia and Maldives. Any suggestions?

Hi There,

Is your wife a diver?

Thailand
- Phuket - offers Bubblemaker with Japanese instructor, excellent food and accomodation (cheaper low season rates), great daytrip diving with Nitrox even though its the low season.

A stay on Phi Phi Island is nice too and its not crowded in July.

My daughter enjoyed ocean BM since she was 8 years old in Phuket - Marcia aka quero (gekko diver) is a great instructor (read: teacher) for kid. She introduced the first ocean BM to her and make her addicted.
visit her blog
Melati luv Diving: February 2009
Tina & Lucy of Twofish diver in Bunaken/Lembeh are also great instructor for kid.
All of them are not Japanese - not sure if they can speak other than arigato gozaimasu:D

Hi guys, thanks for your suggestions.
Yes, my wife is a diver, and as both of you have suggested, Phuket seems a good candidate.
We've been there a couple of times, and like the atmosphere as well. The only thing my wife
is concerned is the possible airport blockade by political protesters.
( though I'd say an extra week in Phuket might be nice :D)

Arigato gozaimasu from Tokyo :wink:
Kaza

Check out flights direct to Phuket - it has an international airport on the island. I'd be surprised if the politcal problems/demonstrations spread any further than Bangkok.

Thanks Bubble Junky,
I am aware that there's direct flights from NRT, while my favorite route is taking MI (Silk Air)
from Singapore.

As for the possibility of political uprising in Phuket, Phuket Airport was actually blockaded in August 2008, and some people we know were unable to return as scheduled. This memory is making my wife lean against choosing Phuket, at least for now.

Thanks for your input though. I really am thankful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom