Dgx New Cutting Tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

true dat, but we are talking about a housed line cutter..... nylon (netting) or mono (fishing line) - the stuff you would use it on - shouldn't pose a problem to its function/longevity

Interesting........competitive with my trilobites......maybe if it came in pink.

Interesting........competitive with my trilobites......maybe if it came in pink.

And as with other DGX-branded products, DGX continues to sell the competing brand (in this case Eezycut Trilobyte). Along with any obvious differences (in this case, ceramic blade versus stainless steel blade) the customer can choose based on their perception of the brands. Another reason I like DGX. So far, from what I have seen DGX-branded gear does not mean lower quality gear.

I am thinking about getting this. I have a trilobyte and was thinking about purchasing another. I do wish it was made of like H1 steel or some other steel that is nearly 100% rust proof.

I am thinking about getting this. I have a trilobyte and was thinking about purchasing another. I do wish it was made of like H1 steel or some other steel that is nearly 100% rust proof.

I take the blades out of the trilobytes once a year, clean off the little bit of rust, throw them in the ultrasonic cleaner, let them dry and reassemble......good for another year.

My Trilobyte is actually the only cutting tool I have ever really used. Made quick work of some thick monofilament I had become entangled in on the Captain Tony in Boynton Beach on a night dive

Just bought one of these and while I love the lack of rusting potential (as my Eezy-cut has experienced), I am concerned with the cutting ability of the ceramic blades. Although I haven't given it a real test, how has your experience been with cutting things like thick rope/line, webbing, monofilament? How does it compare to the trilobite or Eezy cut?

like i mentioned in my first post on this thread, the ceramic blades are very sharp and cut very well, but are very brittle, so make sure you don't twist on the blade

Back
Top Bottom