DH after Market ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lone Frogman

Amphibious
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
How are the silicone after market hoses compared to original rubber. Do they float more than the rubber.
Thanks

IMO they dive and behave the same as my originals. They also look very much like the originals with the mold seem detail also like the originals. They are a bit shiny, but that just makes them look new.

I have several types of reproduction hoses from several sources and of several materials. I also have several original hoses in great condition and I dive with all of them the same. Out of the reproduction hoses I prefer the silicone since they do feel and look just like the originals… and they should last for a very long time (even longer than my 40 year old originals in superb shape).

How are the silicone after market hoses compared to original rubber. Do they float more than the rubber.
Thanks

They don't seem to float any differently than the originals and they act better in storage. They dont seem to take a "set" when wadded up or when hung.
They look a little weird when brand new but soon scuff to a very natural original but new look. I like em.

I was going to comment on the rubber hoses taking a set as well. My original trademark Aqualung regulator has the original one piece hose on it and I swear it wants to stay in the shape in which I got it. The silicone ones seem to resist that, plus they look amazing!

I have not used the silicone hoses, but prefer hoses that are several inches longer than the originals. If I had the choice, I would take longer hoses over the original length, as this allows the regulator to be positioned between my shoulderblades comfortably, which is the best position for breathing with a double hose regulator.

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom