DiCaPac flexible housings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulVS

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Nikon CoolPix L10 as a secondary camera. I thought I might try the inexpensive "DiCaPac" housing for it to try out on our next dive. (Under 65' depth, most likely)

Anyone had experience with these housings?

Welcome to DiCAPac

Thanks for any input.

I hear that these cases compress around the housing at depth making it very difficult if not impossible to use the controls.

I bought and used the dicapac yesterday. We went down 100' the camera stopped working at 85'. went back up to 80' worked fine. Eskasi is correct the case compressed around the camera pushing every button making the camera unusable below 80'. I think that if a little air was put in the case before diving you might get 100' or more out of it. No water leaked in and the pix came out ok for a first try. Will try again and fiddle with the settings a bit on the camera

In one word:
DON'T

These are not cases, I call them flood bags or rain covers, that's the best they do.

I bought the DiCaPac and has worked for me and had no problem with leaking. But the reality is that the deeper you go, the harder is to use the buttons.

Beginner snorkeler, looking at these inexpensive cases (DiCAPac) for my digital. Will not be going any depths over 10 feet, has anyone had any experience with them?

They are definitely fine with snorkelers. I use them for stashing my cash during my dives. I have gone down to 40 meters (131 feet) without any problems of leak.

I know it's been a while, but I'm a new snorkeling/shallow freediving fan, and I happen to have a Powershot a620. My question is which dicapac housing fits the a620 rather bulky body? I will not have the luxury of going to the camera store, I actually living in a very secluded area of celebes island, so I will have the dicapac sent to me. Please help.
Much appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom