Did OW Cert Dives Last Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dao Jones

Reaction score
Did 3 dives at Vortex Saturday July 29, and attempted 2 dives (the second called due to weather) in Panama City Sunday July 30.

The first dive at Vortex was pretty nice as there weren't many people around in the morning. It was much more crowded after noon, and I think there were 4 or 5 scuba classes, along with swimmers and snorkelers in the water at one point. The water wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. Maybe I just didn't notice.

We went out on the Reef Runner with PCDC Sunday. The clouds looked pretty nasty as we headed for Bridgespan #14. Had a fun dive, got to laugh at a classmate who'd attracted a remora. I'm glad it wasn't in my face and checking me out like it was looking for a home. :laughing: My dive buddy and I made it down to the roadbed fairly easy until our instructor ran us back up to 55 feet. The time passed too quickly and we were back on the boat before I wanted to be.

We headed for the Black Bart as the weather deteriorated. About half the divers made it into the water and I had one fin on when the Captain called the dive. As the DM went in to get the divers back to the boat we were hit by a pretty good squall. A nearby pleasure boat (it dwarfed ours) was driven into us by the wind, and a scramble ensued to try and push it off. Looks like it cracked the hull a bit. We had four divers left on the downline when the DM cut us loose and we started to drift in the wind. The divers were having trouble getting back to the boat so our instructor and I started hauling them in on the rope. High adventure as the waves tossed the guys around while they tried to climb aboard. We ended up dragging them onto the boat, and counted heads several times to make sure we had everyone before heading back to the marina. Seemed to take forever with the wind and waves. Well I nearly dove the Black Bart, but had fun anyway with the storm and all it brought on.

So here I sit, waiting for more gear to come in, waiting for my c-card, and DYING to get back in the water!! BAH!!! I guess I'm pretty well hooked. :laughing: At least I'm not alone in my addiction. :D

Dao Jones:
I guess I'm pretty well hooked. :laughing: At least I'm not alone in my addiction. :D

You got that right - congrats!:cheering:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom