Did you enjoy your dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheWetRookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

Went for a dive last night and I realized after wards that I did not take any time to really enjoy the dive. I had a small octopus that was actively hunting and there I am focusing on taking pictures that I forget to just sit back and watch it for a bit and enjoy watching it hunt.

So I was wondering how you photographers are when you dive, do you also forget to enjoy the dive at times?

Thanks

n.jpg

b13.jpg

Terrific shots! I always enjoy the dive. Once in a while something goes wrong with the camera or I forget a critical item and have to dive without it, and I generally notice I'm more relaxed but a little bored. I do enjoy the hunt.

you got some great Pictures..

Sure it adds another element but when you snap something like #2 above you can enjoy it forever.

I enjoy taking photos, so photography adds to the enjoyment of the dive for me. I got into photography because my wife enjoyed diving more than me, so she bought me a camera to get more into diving.

First off great pics.

I always make sure I take time to enjoy the dive. When I am shooting pictures I frequently am swimming around just taking in the whole dive. I have learned to look for movement, and color changes to refocus my attention for when it is time to shoot something.

I am a diver that shoots pictures, not a photographer that dives just to shoot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom