Did you see the Kittiwake sink?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Demand is going to be tempered for awhile by CITA's plan to charge $8/diver to make a dive on it ($4 per snorkeler). Just goes to show us how the Caymans have done a poor job in managing finances since the 356 was sunk in 1996.
I'd be tempted to do it as a shore dive, just to watch CITA try to demand a collection :D
-hh
I have dived the Kittiwake 3 times now. Deepest point I found was 58 feet, shallowest about 3 feet. The fee is US$5 per day for snorkel wristband, US$10 per day scuba, US$31.25 per year scuba, US$500 lifetime pass. Max time at the site is limited to 1.5 hours per day. Boats may not stay at the site during surface interval.

I was at depth but upon surfacing I was told that a CITA enforcement boat had come to check whether the fee had been paid and whether the dive boat had also paid its fee and was displaying its license. The Official Website for the Kittiwake Shipwreck - Entry Fee

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom