Diet Soda, bad for you ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pepsi is now using "sugar" instead of corn syrup. I get Pepsi every once in awhile for a treat. Soda in general has so much acid in it anyway. Heck, the easiest way to clean you car battery connections is to use soda. It also makes a good meat tenderizer. Makes you wonder what it does to your stomach!

Carolyn:shark2:

Soda is very acidic. But then lemonade, orange juice, and many other fruit juices are more acidic than soda.

I have not seen warning labels on any item containing Aspartame. I look at every label to stay away from the substance. The thing is, there are alot of people who have severe sensitivities to the product and it was like over night that Apsartame became the artificial sweetener of choice. It is in hundreds of products and until recently, I had very little choices, even when it comes down to toothpaste.

from the wiki on aspartame:
Since individuals with PKU must consider aspartame as an additional source of phenylalanine, foods containing aspartame sold in the United States must state "Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine" on their product labels.

Doesn't really say that it has to say that there is a warning on aspartame. The warning is on one of the breakdown products of aspartame.

Soda: goooooooood; people who bitch about soda: baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

...Doesn't really say that it has to say that there is a warning on aspartame. The warning is on one of the breakdown products of aspartame.

And one of the constituent components of aspartame is none other than formaldehyde... you know, the liquid used to preserve your frogs, worms and other animals before you dissected them in biology...
:shocked2:

Another interesting tidbit is that aspartame breaks down into formaldehyde with heat... and it just so happens your body is a sufficient heat source to accomplish this.

That being said, sugar and HFCS aren't any better because of the processing... no nutritional value whatsoever because it has been stripped away... empty calories. If you want a good sweetner, go with simple fructose or even better, something like stevia.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom