Difference between Suunto Gekko and Zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Richardson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Following my purchase of a pre-owned Gekko dc i downloaded from the Suunto website the manual for it, had it printed, bound, etc. Sadly the said device didn't work and was thus returned to the seller. I'm looking at getting a Zoop dc (pre-owned again) and don't wish to go through the whole ballache of getting the Zoop manual reprinted, bound, etc. Do the Gekko and Zoop devices operate in the same way/method or are they completely different? I'm hoping that as the Zoop is the new Gekko (?) its operation won't be vastly dissimilar and l can glean info from the Gekko manual for use on the Zoop? Cheers

Zoop and Gekko = same computer ( zoop had optional download datas with cable / Gekko need a hack to download datas)
Zoop Novo: 4 butons instead of 3, bigger display,light, bottom timer, not much diferences.

Why do you have to print out the manual? Just keep it on your computer.

Why do you have to print out the manual? Just keep it on your computer.

It's for reference if you've not either used the dc before or only once or twice and are not familiar with its operation

The Gekko goes into gauge mode if you bend it.* Gauge mode still records dive parameters. I used mine as a bottom timer in gauge mode for hundreds of tech dives.

*Get locked out for not following its deco advice.

Back
Top Bottom