Difference between the Sola Video and Sola Dive 1200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreyVR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm debating a new light. I'm trying to find out if there is a difference between these two lights. The only thing I can find in the description is in the mount. Everything else is identical.

If it's the same light, I'll go with the video because I like silver better than blue...

Sola Dive 1200 S/F
Sola Video 1200 S/F

I might have though beam angle but they appear to be identical.

So it appears to be the mount options.

Using it with a GoPro or wide angle video lens? you might want something wider - a GoPro shoots between 110 and 170 degrees so you'll visibly see light falloff from the Sola's 60 degree pattern unless you buy two. Some of the other non-Sola lights do as much as 110' or more.

Last edited:
"Sola video lights share the compact nature of the dive lights. They are easily mated with lockline arms and are very versatile and convenient video lighting options. The flexibility of lockline, the small size of the Sola lights and the ever-decreasing size of cameras and housings means that underwater videographers can put together excellent, high-quality setups that will stow away in a wetsuit or drysuit pocket!"

This came from Sola light may be right right for you? Video and speciality lights too

Back
Top Bottom