difference in waranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuriousMe

Reaction score
Vacation's over, back on the ship right in time fo
Hey all,

There's a possibility that Santa might bring me an UW housing for my Oly C3000Z. I'm trying to provide as much info to Santa as possible <grin>.

I hunted around a bit here, but didn't see a lot on the warranties of the housings.....I thought I remembered hearing something about one of the warranties covering the camera as well as the housing if it flooded??? Or was that only in my dreams <grin>

Thanks in advance!

Peace,
Cathie

Are you talking about the manufacturers warranty or additional flood coverage on insurance?

My DEPP flood coverage will replace my camera (or offer an upgrade if it isn't replaceable) or repair it if it floods.

I just remember hearing about two options...one replaced the housing and one replaced the camera.....thinking about it though, it makes more sense that it would be insurance.

Thanks!

Peace,
Cathie

I don't have insurance yet Dee. Where did you get yours? Can i get there online and how much was it?
Thanks in advance!!

I've had coverage with Diver's Equipment Protection Program, D.E.P.P., as long as I've had u/w cameras. I've made a few claims over the years for a flooded strobe and broken equipment, and have always had excellent service with complete satisfaction in the results.

You do have to insure some scuba gear along with camera equipment but that's not a bad thing, either. I've looked into other coverage through homeowners policies, and a couple other coverage houses that have been mentioned elsewhere but I could find no better coverage than I get with these folks.

I won't get in the water with a camera without it!

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much Dee:)
I will be posting pics very soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom