Differences between B1 & B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John_ZAR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would like to know what the difference is between the B1 and the B2, I think the B2 1st stage had the new piston and seat but is this the only difference. Are the 2nd stages identical internally. If I stick a piston upgrade into my B1 is it a B2?

The first stage would be. The second stage may or may not be a different case...I know the case on my Z1 second stage was smaller and different than the seconds on the B2, M1, and ST1.

As said with the piston upgrade the first stage would be a B2. And as said for the second stage about 6-7 years ago Atomic change the design of the case to be a higher flow. It made slight difference in performance in the second stage. So if one changes the piston functionally one has B2 first stage. Everything else is really cosmetic. The parts kits are the same across the board.

Thanks guys, would the color kits fit the B1. My covers are completely trashed and it doesn't seem as though I can get replacement covers I have to buy the whole kit.

Thanks guys, would the color kits fit the B1. My covers are completely trashed and it doesn't seem as though I can get replacement covers I have to buy the whole kit.

The cases are universal. Sometimes you can find the old B1 covers. The best option is to look for a B2 color kit. It comes with the cover, cover ring, adjustment knob, and mouth piece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom