Differences in Nylon webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you actually used a DR crotch strap?

I have two 2 inch crotch straps from DR. Yes, DR uses neoprene sleeve around the webbing, it does help, but the webbing itself is very stiff, much more so than their shoulder webbing. Even with the sleeve, it is not very comfortable. I can't imagine withou the sleeve. I also have a crotch strap from Halcyon infinity, huge different in the comfort especialy on tropical diving. Without comparison, you may never complain, but once you've seen better, you'll know the difference.

...//...comfort especialy on tropical diving. Without comparison, you may never complain, but once you've seen better, you'll know the difference.

I have tried many, many different webbings, know the stiffness of the one with blue H's by first-hand experience.

Now I get it, tropical diving. We come from different planets, you and I.

No big deal, dive what you like...

I am kind of surprised to hear that your heavy webbing can be softer than DiveRite harness webbing. I have DR, it was utterly soft and sloppy, so soft that once wet, d-rings will not stay in place. Anyway, not all the webbing are the same. Different stiffness is one thing, I also notice different width even they are all classified as 2inches..

DR must have changed their supplier as mine too is super stiff - it will actually hold its shape as it were. So much so i've just bought a whole bunch of replacement webbing. Hope it's not too soft to hold a triglide!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom