Different brand 1st and 2nd?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, two of my deco regs are set up that way. Salvo 1st and Diverite 2nds. Also most setups you see people diving have an octo from a different manufacture than the 1st stage

It's best not to mix with Poseidons but other than that have at it. Remember that any new combination is subject to tuning to work with the IP of the 1st stage.

It's best not to mix with Poseidons but other than that have at it. Remember that any new combination is subject to tuning to work with the IP of the 1st stage.

Ok. That was my question.
I have an ocean reef ffm and their 1st stage din.
I was planning on ordering a cyklon. Wanted to use the ocean reef as the main 1st. And attach the cyklon to it for when I dive without the ffm.

But, I guess it would just be easier to swap the vt4 transmitter over from the ocean reef to the Poseidon.

sometimes no, my mares 1st will not work with other seconds, they just free flow. my us diver works with anything, I have a french reg that takes anything. and maybe others but those are the ones I have tried.

Yes, as long as you use a primary reg and the secondary reg is designed specifically to be used as a back up/octo. The octo's have different sensitivity settings compared to a primary reg and are less like to free flow.

Other than that use whatever regs fit in your budget and what ever saves you money. No need to spend extra just to match brands for the primary and octo.

sometimes no, my mares 1st will not work with other seconds, they just free flow. my us diver works with anything, I have a french reg that takes anything. and maybe others but those are the ones I have tried.

That should not happen unless the IP is way high. That is all that is coming from the 1st stage to affect the second. What is your IP set at on the Mares?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom