Different Hose Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ehuber

Contributor
Reaction score
The 36" hose that came with my ATX200 has a larger 1st stage connection than the Halcyon 7' long hose I just ordered. I was wondering if there were any problems with using the 2nd stage on a different gauge hose?

No. The larger gauge LP port (and sometimes hose) was an "improvement" that some manufacturers claimed would result in better performance, but in reality didn't really make a difference.
Apeks just got rid of the larger ports on their newest models. Go figure.

If you want to use the 1/2" port due to hose routing issues, there is an adapter that lets you use 3/8"(regular) hoses on that port.

Thank you. Upon further inspection of my 1st stage, and whippin' out the manual, I see that they did have an unusual 1/2" medium pressure port in place of a 3/8" port. Strange.

When I got the 7' hose I was slightly surprised to see it would leave the 1/2" port open without a port plug and so --of course-- I had to jump on ebay to get spare plugs for all the ports. Ended up costing me $25 just for the stupid plugs.

Should my port plugs have o-rings, or is it unnecessary?

ehuber:
Should my port plugs have o-rings, or is it unnecessary?

They should have o-rings.

Halcyon also offers a 7' hose with 1/2" fitting to fit older Apeks first stages. The part number is H60.012.084 - just return your hose and get the version that will fit the 1/2" port.

I just picked up some port plugs and o-rings on ebay, so I think I'll just keep the 3/8" long hose and eliminate the 1/2" with one of the port plugs.

Thanks for your help all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom