Digital Dive Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScubaScubaYAY

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I already have a dive computer, but I am becoming an instructor and am required to have a back up watch that counts seconds. I want something cheap and simple (simple like: tells time w/ seconds, maybe a stopwatch, alarm, or light). I have been looking at some models by Freestyle, Casio, and Timex. Does anyone have any suggestions of a digital watch that is under $75 (closer to $50 would be better) that is rated to 100m or 200m? I would prefer 200m since most watch companies don't actually suggest taking a 100M water resistant watch diving, but if people have tried it and say that it will last underwater then I will consider a 100M water resistant watch. Could really use some advice on this. Thanks.

I've been using a Casio G-7100 for about 5 years now and love it. G7100-1V - G-Shock - Timepiece - Products - CASIO

I really like the recessed buttons and stainless steel styling. The button functions are intuitive and the band is a stylish and functional textured resin. Aside from the red paint around the "G" on the backlight button wearing off, it looks as good as when I bought it. It is water resistant down to 200M and you can find them online for as little as $50.

I've had several G-shock watches in the past and they usually last a long time. The only problem I had with one was a screwed up battery install by a non-Casio watch shop. The error caused it to flood on me.

My two previous watches were Freestyle brand. Each one lasted less than a year. Both stated they were water resistant to 100M. They gradually stopped working for unknown reasons.

I was told once that watches meant for diving should state water resistant to 200M. Anything less is for snorkling or light water sports. So far, I've found that to be true.

+1 for the Casio G shock I have a 15 year old 6900 on it's second battery. I thought for sure that it would drown after the battery change but it has survived diving even after that.

Back
Top Bottom