Digital editing via Pinnacle System 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,

After doing an initial search via the archives and not finding much, thought I'd get some comments on the above package. What type of successes/failures have you had utilizing this software? I had terrible experiences with earlier, analog versions yet have heard that Version 8 is much more improved. Just upgraded to digital and was curious if the consumer packages have improved any over the years.

The other package I am considering is "Pyro Platinum" which includes Adobe Photoshop 6.5; however, Pinnacle 8 is 1/3rd the price.

Primary usage will be for burning video to cd for my dive bud's as well as developing a training library for personal use. Nothing real elaborate at this stage.

Thank you for your time on this quandry...

Don

Don, there are quite a few digital videographers over on Digital Diver. I'd ask this question there, too.

I own Pinnacle Studio 8 with all the added effects, etc...

For what it's worth it crashes my machine all the time. So much that I hardly burn DVDs anymore because it's discouraging....

Dee and Detonate: thanks for the reply.

Dee, I will check out that site, thank you.

Detonate, That was the same problem I had with their earlier verisions, crashed about every time I initiated it. I was hoping the newer version was bug-free. Wishful thinking I suppose...

Don

I use Studio 8 with excellent results. It's one of the easiest if not most powerful authoring software going these days.

If you have techincal problems with it or want to know about some of it's features, I may be able to assist.....

I bought Pinnacle stidio 8 and found it to be very simple to use and loaded with lots of features. I did have LOTS of problems with it. It was constantly crashing my computer. After literally hours on the phone with the tech support people....I got it working to the point where I could use all its features except it would not output back to tape. I spent LOTs of money on hold waiting for the tech supportand getting exteremly conflicting info from the support staff. Calls were never returned and I was completely ignored. This went on for months!. The software is wonderfully simple to use,however,If you have any problems with it...you are basically on your own. The tech support and customer service is completley worthless. They finally agreed to refund my money. This process went on for almost 6 months.

there are many reports about crashing computers with studio 8. studio 7 on the other hand was stable. that's what i use for my editing without any problems.

I have Studio 8.8 currently (Hint, be sure to register and use the online updates). I did have difficulty with getting it to perform rendoring initially. I went to Tom's Hardware and found the answers there, which had nothing to do with Pinnacle's software any everything to do with proper setup for fast PC throughput.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom