Din to Yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gabriel90512

Reaction score
im looking for a Din to Yoke Adaptor.

and all i see is "Filling adaptors"

3 or my tanks are yoak and 2 ( i just got for free steel 100'S) are Din
i know my lucky day ...

.. i was also thinking would it be better to just put yaoks on the 2 steel 100 and skipp the adaptor all together ?

Gabe

Gabriel90512:

i know my lucky day ...

.. i was also thinking would it be better to just put yaoks on the 2 steel 100 and skipp the adaptor all together ?

Gabe

Hi Gabe,

I think the proper way would be to convert your regulater to din
and get a yoke adaptor for that.

John

Gabriel90512:

i know my lucky day ...

.. i was also thinking would it be better to just put yokes on the 2 steel 100 and skipp the adapter all together ?
Gabe

First question is what are the steel 100s? If the rated pressure is 3500 PSI which I suspect then they should only be configured as DIN all the way through.

The donut adapter jarhed linked to is OK on a cylinder rated below 3500 PSI that has the provision on the back of the valve to catch the yoke screw. These convertible valves are commonly supplied on the 3442 cylinders.

Depending on what you kind you may end up running the new cylinders as DIN and converting your regulator to match. You can then use an adapter to hang your now DIN regulator on a yoke valve when needed. For extensive yoke use like on a trip you may want to put the yoke connector back on your regulator. This can often be a DIY task if you are so inclined and have been shown what to do.

Pete

Personally, I'd rather convert to DIN than to Yoke. DIN is a more modern, more reliable system. I am happier with DIN than I was with Yoke - no more blown O-rings.

jarhed:
OMS makes a great little screw in insert for DIN valves that you can put your yoke valve on.

OMS Din to Yoke Adapter (V115)

It's very cheap ($13), works great (LP only) and travels well.

Look here:

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/OMSYA.html?Search=op%3ddtSearch%26Term%3doms%2bdin%26SearchFlag%3dall%26AdvSrchSortField%3dRelevance%26SortDesc%3d0%26Hit%3d1

Take care,
John

Don't alot of these DIN valves have short necks? Don't these short necks prevent you from putting a yoke type reg on it? Don't you need a ProK valve to use these adapters??

fisherdvm:
Don't alot of these DIN valves have short necks? Don't these short necks prevent you from putting a yoke type reg on it? Don't you need a ProK valve to use these adapters??

Yes, that's what I elude to in post 5.

Additionally a true HP cylinder (3500+ PSI) with a DIN valve will have a 7 thread valve. The donut is sized to convert a 5 thread valve.

Pete

Gabriel90512:
( i just got for free steel 100'S) are Din

Gabe

If you can't find any adapters to fit those DIN tanks, I'll be glad to take them off your hands for you...no charge.:D

LobstaMan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom