DIN Valve Output pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1/4 npt is a standard fitting for high pressure applications. Have you calculated your required flow rates or are you just guessing? If your knocking the tank pressure down to 200-300 psi your killing your flow rate right there. The biggest restriction will be the regulator, the NPT conection will be much larger than the orifice in the regulator.

But dose anyone know the thread pitch on a din valve? because i would perfer to go from the din to the regulator, instead of din to filler adapter to regulator

cyipher,

If you let everyone know your intended application, it might help with some of the answers.

regards

you need a fill adapter, there about 40 bucks. even if you have a machine shop your self, and I dought that, the time and materials will be the same to make one. the fill adapter will conect the pressure reducing reg to the tank pressure reducing regs have a 1/4 inch conection so you still need some thing to go to the DIN threading. You will not find a reg that will just fit into a DIN tank.

If you want to save youself all the trouble just rent a k bottle of compressed air or nitrogen from a welding shop and use standard fittings for the reg.

BTW did you calculate required flow ?

no i didnt calculate flow, i just want as much as possible. the problem with renting is they want like 25 dollars for a refill as opposed to 5 dollars, its going to be used for air ride suspension. where can i buy a tank 100cf aluminum, div valve, and filler adapter online?

Ok know we are getting some where.:)

If you go with a aluminum tank your max pressure will only be 3000 psi but 100 cf aluminum tank costs about half of what a high pressure tank will cost but your max pressure is 3500 psi with a steel tank.

With the air ride suspension are you going to be changing it alot or only a few times? Is this for one of thouse cars that you can jack up each tire indpendently or for a truck that will need diffrent air pressure in schocks depending on the ground conditions?

It probly dosent make too much ndiffrence but the aluminum tank will cost less. Do a search for scuba shops and you will find one that will ship a tank to you. as far as the conection goes try herefill end

The one with the push button is what you want.

What hasent been mentioned through the entire thread is that the flow rate for a DIN conection vs a standard SCUBA conection is the same. get which ever valve is cheeper for the tank when you get it and than get the right adapter to fit.

Depending on how fast you need the air to come out, this may or may not work. I have inflated tires from a scuba tanks and it can take quite a long time. Of course that was with an IP of somewhere around 150 psi.

I suggest you rent a tank first and try things out before buying.

You may have difficulty doing that though, because you don't have a certification card.

Depending on how often you need to fill the tank, it may be cheaper to install a small electric compressor in your vehicle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom