DIN valves (Thermo-pro) and standard regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qball

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's been a while since I purchased gear. Back in the days (mid 80s)... it was all K-valve, mostly aluminum tanks (a few steel here and there).

Anyways... my question has to do with steel tanks, Thermo-pro DIN valves, and the use of a standard yoke regulator.

My new regulator is a Oceanic Delta3 TDX5. User's manual mentions use with tanks and the DIN adapter.

Manual says maximum working pressure is 3500 PSI with yoke connector and 4500 psi with DIN connector.

If I purchase a steel tank - say a Worthington X7 100 with the Thermo-pro valve, then all i need to do is connect the first stage to the steel tank's valve with the adapter piece installed, correct? No other mods to the first stage I assume?

I assume I'd fill the steel tank no more than 3500 psi.
Thanks,

Q

qball:
It's been a while since I purchased gear. Back in the days (mid 80s)... it was all K-valve, mostly aluminum tanks (a few steel here and there).

Anyways... my question has to do with steel tanks, Thermo-pro DIN valves, and the use of a standard yoke regulator.

My new regulator is a Oceanic Delta3 TDX5. User's manual mentions use with tanks and the DIN adapter.

Manual says maximum working pressure is 3500 PSI with yoke connector and 4500 psi with DIN connector.

If I purchase a steel tank - say a Worthington X7 100 with the Thermo-pro valve, then all i need to do is connect the first stage to the steel tank's valve with the adapter piece installed, correct? No other mods to the first stage I assume?

I assume I'd fill the steel tank no more than 3500 psi.
Thanks,

Q

Correct.

I have a XS Scuba HP 100 with a Thermo Pro valve. A DIN with the insert. I have a B2 regulator with yoke set up.

Zero problems.

I concur with JacobK. I own four tanks (two AL80s and two HP100s) with Thermo Pro DIN/K valves. The Thermo Pro DIN/K valves work fine with either. The tank is rated at 3442 and you can certainly use it with the insert and a Yoke 1st stage. Just don't overfill your tanks! With that said, I much prefer DIN and typically use them all as DIN valves.

Back
Top Bottom