DIN valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am looking to buy some used DIN valves to replace my yoke valves. Let me know if you got any to sell! :cool2:

Anyone?? :)

I've got 3 Thermo valves. Two of them are convertibles and the other is a straight DIN. All in excellent shape! The convertibles are 30.00 plus actual cost of shipping in the US and the DIN is 35.00 same for shipping. If you want all 3 they would easily fit in a priority medium box so would only be about 14.00 for all with delivery confirmation.

kpdivers, are they for AL80 tanks?

If the OP doesn't want the valves, I will take all of them.

If the OP doesn't want the valves, I will take all of them.

They are all set up for high pressure. If you want I will change out the burst discs so that they will be "appropriate" for the 3000 psi of an AL80. I would have to add 4.50 for each burst disc unless you know you can get them yourself. Otherwise they are being sold as HP valves.

Please let me know. I will PM you my PayPal account and wait until tomorrow evening to let Dsix36 know if they are still available.

---------- Post added April 29th, 2012 at 06:32 PM ----------

Thank you Dsix36 .... I don't think it was 2 minutes from when I PM'd you that I received a PayPal message. It's always a pleasure ... thank you! and thank you Scuba board. Valves sold!

Still looking for 2 DIN valves, specifically made for AL80 tanks. Thanks!

Still looking for 2 DIN valves, specifically made for AL80 tanks. Thanks!

There is no such thing as 'specifically made for AL80 tanks', although there are some that are commonly used on AL80s. A valve is a valve. The same valve will go on a Catalina tank of any size and pressure, or an old Walter Kidde, or a steel Faber tank. A disk suitable for the tank pressure is then put onto the valve..

What you need is the tank thread (here in Europe they are all by law M25x2). For the US you might have to look at what is stamped on the tank, however, most tanks are 3/4" UNF if I remember correctly, although in the past all sorts of threads have been used including taper threads, BSP, and NGS threads. So, providing the valves of kpdivers have the correct thread, then the valves would have screwed in and worked just fine on almost any tank. The burst disk then has to be opened, and the correct 3000psi disk inserted. Changing a burst disk is I think relatively common, and they could be changed at each hydro test.

Next time, just make sure you have the correct thread on the valve, everything else if 'fluff', and routinely changed, serviced etc.... Sorry I wasn't able to help, my tank valve is M25x2.

Jon

No used ones but I can give you a good price on new convertibles and as Jon said unless it's the old pipe thread or the genesis valve that is sometimes encountered any valve will work on al80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom