DIN vs Yoke Service Kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukeb

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Question, what are the major differences between a service kit for a Yoke 1st stage vs the service kit for a DIN first stage, when both are for the same regulator from the same manufacturer.

Situation:

I have several Oceanic DIN CDX5 1st stages. Because of the supply chain issues I have been waiting over a year to get them serviced, because no one can seem to get Oceanic service kits.

I have however, been able to source online several CDX5 Yoke Service Kits. I am assuming that the majority of the parts in the yoke kit will be the same as the DIN. But I am wondering if there will be something important that I won't have.

For example I believe the filters are different sizes.

Thanks for any and all advice on this.

The DIN service kit has the filter and four o-rings associated with it, the Yoke kit has the filter and two o-rings. They are all different, with different part numbers.
1650853986825.png

Thanks so much for the diagram and explanation. So it looks like I won't be able to use those kits for my DIN versions of the CDX5.

I'm attaching the service manual which has the schematic on the penultimate page.

All the missing parts you would need to add to a yoke kit can be found in certain other Oceanic DIN kits. For example, Scubagaskets.com lists them in their CDx DIN as kit no: 40-6132 and SP4/SPORT/piston DIN as kit no: 40.6156 kits. I think they make up their own kits, so maybe contact them and see if they will sell you just the parts you need which are:

6374 o-ring
2x 2.011 o-ring
2.012 o-ring
4546 filter

Or maybe post a new thread and ask if anyone can cross reference these part numbers to standard o-ring sizes and a compatible filter.

Attachments

• Oceanic CDx5.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 476
Thank you so much! That is great

I just looked at the o-ring part numbers and did a Homer Simpson "D'oh". The 2.011 and 2.012 are most likely the standard 2-011 and 2-012 (aka 011 and 012).

I don't know what the standard name is for the 6374, but you can get it from Canada.

The owner of the shop is @Charlene Barker . She checks in here occasionally. I've bought parts from her and she is great to work with. She has tons of Oceanic parts, she even had a page for the filter but it's no longer active.

I was looking at her page. You're right she has a lot of parts! I'm just trying to figure out how not to get stung with the shipping from Canada. I think if I order enough I can make it worthwhile.

I was looking at her page. You're right she has a lot of parts! I'm just trying to figure out how not to get stung with the shipping from Canada. I think if I order enough I can make it worthwhile.
I ordered something from her before as well. She ships via Canada Post (aka post office). Getting stuff via the postal service is the best way to avoid getting hit with brokerage fees and such.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom