DIR diving in the Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have splitted the original thread.
DIR diving in the Red Sea stays here. SI and the whole discussion has been moved to DIR forum.
Mania
The problem is that I can't (or I don't know how) copy single post so the first post had to be removed and went with hte rest of the discussion to DIR.

mania:
I have splitted the original thread.
DIR diving in the Red Sea stays here. SI and the whole discussion has been moved to DIR forum.

Thanks. I think the split is for the best.

Also, I'll make sure to visit Abu Nahas. Now I just need to figure out if they'll let me do more than two dives there.

How many dives per day?

Oh, the number is somewhat fuzzy. There are dozens, if not more, of dive operators in Sharm and Hurghada. From both places one can arrange liveaboard safaries to Shaab Abu Nuhas and the surroundings.

Now, there may be some differences between the various operators. Some may be very strict about how many dives one can do per day, others may be more flexible to each individual's needs. Most liveaboards try to allow at least 3 dives/day, sometimes more. With some operators the group goes in/out as a whole, others allow to continue according to your air consumption, some will even allow you to dive freely if they know you and/or you proove yourself worthy of their confidence.

Note that you won't be alone on the boat. There are other divers in the group (which may not be so zealous about too many repetitive dives), sometimes the boat needs to move to another location, many dives require a drop from a Zodiac/dinghy which can consume time if it goes especially for you, etc. etc.

Better speak with the dive operator, tell him about you requirements and expectations from the quantity of dives you'd like to have. Some may agree, others perhaps will send you away or recommend someone else. Who knows, worth trying.

If money is not a problem, or you can arrange a small group of divers with the same attitude you may try making a custom or "private" safari.

*Floater*:
Thanks. I think the split is for the best.

Also, I'll make sure to visit Abu Nahas. Now I just need to figure out if they'll let me do more than two dives there.

I'll be diving with "Easy Divers" in El Gouna the second week of March. El Gouna is the closest port to the Abu Nahas wrecks. I also hope to do 3-4 dives perday. I'll let you know how it works out with them. These wrecks are only a "normal" 90 minute boat ride from El Gouna.

Countdown to Egypt: 22 days. whoo hoo!! :D

Back
Top Bottom