DIR-F....I give up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reubencahn:
FWIW, Brownies has a great setup for DIR-F with classrooms right across the street from the shop, the boat right behind the shop, rentals of any gear you need inc. doubles and a great instructor in Dean Marshall. There are also lots of hotels/motels and restaurants within walking distance and right now USAir, Delta, JetBlue and Spririt Air are all offering very cheap flights to FLL from lots of locations.

What he said. Oh yeah, cheap car rentals from airport.

NTEC Gear Configuration has been released! If you are in the Seattle area, check with the leading NTEC store in the area. Northwest Sports Divers in Kenmore.
nwsportsdivers.com

Let NAUI show you the "Right Way" to doing it right! :wink:

Anybody know of a web page for Brownies showing info on their classes? All I can find is info on their hooka's.

James

There is a Fundamentals Class set for June 10, 11 and 12 at Gilboa Quarry in Ohio. That's a 7 and a half hour drive from St Louis. Contact the Scubaguys if you are interested:
Scot Wernette - idive@comcast.net
Brandon Schwartz - bcsdive@msn.com

And if he can't go to Gilboa, maybe Brando can go to Missouri. You know there's a cave or two calling Brando's name in the Show Me state.

WJL:
There is a Fundamentals Class set for June 10, 11 and 12 at Gilboa Quarry in Ohio. That's a 7 and a half hour drive from St Louis. Contact the Scubaguys if you are interested:

WJL:

James--these guys would be a good hook up for the DIR-F if the dates fit your schedule. Of course as Dan Gibson noted, there are caves in MO calling their names--GUE road trip!!!

There is always the Keys and SE FL beach diving when you are done with DIR-F through Brownies if you take that option. When it comes to cave training, your choice i guess whether to go traditional or GUE's set-up, its very likely to be run around cave country here in FL whoever you do it with, would your wife really want to travel to High Springs then either? I understand your frustration, people often fall through on me as well, but usually not more than a couple of times before i give up on them. I spoke with Dean regarding the Brownies deal and i was close to going, but the cost just did me when i was also buying more equipment and doing other trips, i found my cavern/intro training this past year with GDI to be very helpful too - still trying to dial in my new DS though :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom